There is no application form. Applicants must submit an application package consisting of the following documents:
- a cover letter that indicates:
- the desired term;
- a short statement about how the applicant expects to benefit from the program and/or what the applicant hopes to contribute to the organization; and
- a description of areas of interest and knowledge of law
- curriculum vitae
- a letter of recommendation from a professor or senior professional
- copies of academic transcripts
- proof of proficiency in a PCA working language (for non-native speakers of a PCA working language only, see above)
To be considered, application packages must be complete. If all the above-listed documents are not available to the applicant before the application deadline, the missing documents may be submitted separately provided that the cover letter clearly notes an expected follow-up date.
Application packages may be submitted either electronically or in hard copy. We do recommend, however, that electronically-submitted applications be followed up with a hard copy sent in the mail. See the “Contact and Other Information” section for the e-mail or postal address.
Complete application packages can be submitted at any time up to four months prior to the beginning of the desired term. Application deadlines are thus:
September 1, for Term 1;
December 1, for Term 2;
March 1, for Term 3; and
June 1, for Term 4.