The PCA regularly provides administrative services in support of parties and arbitrators acting under the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules. Full administrative services may be provided for cases involving a State, a State-controlled entity or an intergovernmental organization.
A staff member of the PCA International Bureau may be appointed as registrar or administrative secretary for the case and carry out administrative tasks at the direction of the arbitral tribunal.
Parties may agree or tribunals may request that the PCA provide any of the following registry services:
- transmitting oral and written communications from the parties to the arbitral tribunal and vice-versa and between the parties;
- maintaining an archive of filings and correspondence;
- making all arrangements concerning the amounts of the arbitrators’ fees and advance deposits to be made on account of such fees in consultation with the parties and the arbitrators;
- holding the party deposits and disbursing tribunal fees and expenses;
- assisting the arbitral tribunal to establish the date, time and place of hearings, and giving such advance notice thereof to the parties as the tribunal determines pursuant to the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules (Art. 25(1));
- making its hearing and meeting rooms in the Peace Palace available to the parties and the arbitral tribunal at no charge; costs of catering, court reporters, or other support associated with hearings or meetings at the Peace Palace or elsewhere shall be borne by the parties;
- making arrangements for transcription, recording, interpretation, translation, catering, or other support associated with hearings or meetings at the Peace Palace or elsewhere, costs of which shall be borne by the parties;
- assisting with travel and hotel reservations, as well as procurement of visas; and
- carrying out any other tasks entrusted to it by the parties or the arbitral tribunal.